More About...

Saturday 27 May 2006

On another year older and hopefully wiser

Well, I did it.. I turned another year older. :-) Actually God did it.. He has given me another year of life and lessons learned.

It is strange celebrating a birthday in a different time zone from the past 10 birthdays. I was blessed with some hilarious and touching e-cards.. amazing what technology allows us to do these days. :-) We had a staff meeting at the office and I was blessed to be able to help lead worship for it... and it started with a rendition of Happy Birthday... how do you transition from the pleasure and embarrasment of that to worshiping the Lord? funny thing... It was not hard to thank and praise the Lord after that. :-) And a co-worker made an amazing cake. I heard from several other co-workers.. "thanks for having a birthday so we could have cake." gotta love the sentiment. :-)

I had been informed the day before that I would be picked up at 7p.m. on my birthday and I should be dressed up. Ah... surprises... so, Brad picked me up at 7p.m. and informed me that I could either lie and say I wore the blindfold or wear the blindfold... if you know me... I opted to not wear it. :-) Thank you Brad for the option...cause I really do not like wearing blindfolds. We drove to Kevin and Lisa's place where we were greeted with name tags, I was Susanne Smythe. and welcomed to the murder mystery dinner that was about to commence.

Adrienne and Scott and Deb and Kevin and Lisa and Brad and a new friend Louisa were all part of the dinner. It was fun.


The next day... I came home from work to find a bunch of flowers on my doorstep. I wondered who they could possibly be from and I opened the card to see that they were from the Leafies. The amazing girls I have been in a growing group with for the past few years. I still am not sure how they did it... Thank you girls!!!!


So, it was a good birthday. Thank you to all of you who remembered.

2 comments:

  1. This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

    ReplyDelete