More About...

Friday 9 June 2006

AIA World CUP Is the site for the World Cup project coverage. My good friend Adrienne is one of the people posting updates each day along with photos and stories. :) I SO much enjoyed this past week. It encouraged my heart to serve along side good friends in preparing the hearts of about 90 young soccer players to go share their faith and make God a bigger priority than winning. It was so great to hear the speakers talk about how winning is good but they will know you are Christians by your love for others. How do you play the game? I find more and more that AIA knows what they are doing and they do it well! I am proud to be partnered with them in ministry! Here is a photo of the conference/project team. :-)


front row: Louisa from South Africa (she will travel with me later this summer) Kacey and Kenny are the two boys in front who do not look very happy to be there. :-) they are Christian and Sondrein's boys.

second row: Jonell (husband Galen behind her) they are from Dallas Oregon. :-) Lisa and Kevin are next to Jonell with their girl Emily. (Lisa and Kevin are Kiwis and he is the AIA Germany director) Sondrein is next with Christian behind her, and Adrienne on the end.

third row: Galen, Brad, Ben (wife Jessye in back row, they are from northern Washington), Christian and then Scott

Back row: shorter people... Me, David (not shorter.. so he is crouching down. He is from the UK, speaks, English, Norwegian, French and German.. fluently... and he is only 22.) Jessye, and Michele (Michele is from the AIA headquarters in Xenia, Ohio)

Whew... fun people. Good memories. Now I am back in Kandern a bit under the weather so to speak... so I am resting. But the weather outside is amazing! SUNNNNNNNYYYYYYY :-) I love it!

2 comments:

  1. "Kiwis!" I love it! It has been so long since I've heard that term... ahhhhh... Anyhow. What a delight to meet people you are so passionate about there work - and do it well! It sounds like you have really enjoyed working with them! Well, I hope you get feeling better! I'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa,
    SO, the USA is out. Now who do you root for?
    Have a blast.
    Ti

    ReplyDelete