More About...

Wednesday 14 June 2006

World Cup fever in Kandern



I was walking home the other day and just had to take a photo. Sleepy little Kandern has gone a bit crazy with World Cup excitement. :-) this is one of the main streets.. but the other main street looks the same this month. Each shop has chosen a different countries flags to display and along the streets.. a row of German flags, a row with 3 different countries flags, a row of German flags, a row of three different countries flags...
More and more Germans are telling me that they have never seen so many German flags... I notice that many of the German flags that people are flying.. are brand new.. still creased and everything!

and yes... Czech pounded the US in the game on Monday night.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool picture! I love how feverish in their support other countries get. Sometimes I wish Americans would get that excited about the cup. Thanks for sharing, Melissa. I love reading your observations and experiences and stories. I hope you are feeling better today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really an embarrassing time to be LIVING in the Czech Republic...

    ReplyDelete