More About...

Tuesday 17 October 2006

Crazy Week

I just feel like I need to share all the things that are happening this week. I don't like weeks like this... too many things and none of them connected to each other but all connected at the heart level to me! Wears me out!

1. My dear friend Adrienne is going back to Ohio on Thursday. She has been my sanity so many times this past year and now she is going home to Colombus to plan a wedding.


2. My younger brother Matthew... not youngest...younger... the one who literally looks like Matt Damon... He is turning 30 on Thursday.


3. My missions pastor and his wife are here all week. I love them! they are fantastic and I really respect them. It is good to have them here... just a wierd week to have them here. Kristin sent a movie with them for me... Amelie.. I have been wanting to see/own it for a year now. :-) She is the coolest! :-) And my mom sent vitamins... that is a long story for another day. You know, it is always good for my heart to receive gifts like this. funny... not hah hah.. .but funny interesting. :-)
This is what the vineyards look like around here right now... it is beautiful! Fall is here and the grapes are being harvested!

4. My landlord started showing my flat to potential new renters... strange... I leave here in 2 months. I am so glad I am coming back here... Lord willing. And so in my heart I am processing through leaving this place and these people for a time... and it hurts my heart.

5. I need to write an update. I need to start packing. I need to raise support for New Staff Training. AND... I need to do my job here! I do not want to let anything fall through the cracks....

5 comments:

  1. May God's grace and mercy comfort.

    Still thinking about what it means to live deeply and working on my disortation.

    Chad C

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is so totally fine if you want to use that! but the Gallo's blog has a better recount at:
    http://justingallo.blogspot.com/

    awww! so happy that you're going on staff and that you have been having so much fun over here recently!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A deep sigh for you and much love as you prepare for the excitement that lay ahead. New places, new people, and Lord willing new things to learn.
    Love you much

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope and pray that in all the busy-ness you have some time to just sit and be, and maybe enjoy a book or movie or cup or tea or coffe or something. Hang in there dear friend. We all continue to pray for you.
    It is raining here today - that continuous drizzle that is so much oregon in the fall. It's actually really pretty, and all the leaves are turning - beautiful. How amazing it must be to experience fall in another country. So, are the grapes good? One of my favorite fruits (before fermentation).

    ReplyDelete
  5. praying for you my friend. love you so much ~cheryl

    ReplyDelete