More About...

Monday 6 November 2006

Concerts

I am going to a Ben Harper concert tomorrow night and I am practically giddy with anticipation. Maybe it is because as one of my friends here put it, "I get to be normal for a night" So, my new friend Sarah and my friend Brad and I are going to the concert. We all have really busy lives. Full of good things but these good things wear us out from time to time and a good concert just seems like a really great thing to do right now. I am so glad to have friends to go with. I saw the advertisment a couple months ago and suggested it. At that time Brad told me that he had suggested it before ...but sadly I did not recall the suggestion. And Adrienne later told me that I was not in the room when he suggested it. So I do not feel too badly. :-) hmmm.. I am rambling.

Well, exactly 1 month from today I will be back in Portland. That feels strange... In between then and now... many things to do, a couple trips to take, some more dear friends to say goodbye to, and the Lord to keep leaning on. The great thing in this process is that Brad said my stuff can reside at his place and my friends the Millers will let me live with them my last week here. God is good.

Hmmm... I should go to bed. Tomorrow is a very full day.

3 comments:

  1. mmm... amen... God IS good! I hope that concert is a blast, and just what you need. One month, huh? Seems like so close! I look forward to seeing you! Love you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa

    Let me know when you are coming to the Seattle area or we can meet in Centralia (my folks live there). I am glad that things are working out. God is good...so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like your time in Finland went well. Sounds like a blast. I think it snowed there the same day as in Lithuania- the day we left! WOW we were lucky to get off the ground before the storm really hit full force. They were due for 16cm !! Love ya! Janie
    www.martinsrus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete