More About...

Monday 13 November 2006

Moving.

I began packing boxes yesterday. I intended to begin last week but life got in the way. Funny how that happens. So, I began by taking everything off the walls and collecting all my photo frames and artwork and candle holders. Now it does not feel so much like home and I will feel more compelled to pack things up.

Sigh... someday I will live in one place for more than 1 year. Seems like ages since I did that.

On another note. I saw demonstrated in my life this past weekend what happens when I do not have enough "alone" time. No doubt about it... I am an extrovert! But... I do need significant amounts of "alone" time. Alone is in quotes because it really means a small amount of alone time and a significant amount of time with one or two really good friends. :-) So... what happens when I do not have enough "alone" time? I become very withdrawn and avoid people. I become inable to carry on conversations....just can't think of interesting things to ask people. People who don't know this about me become alarmed at what they see.

You might wonder what I need when this occurs... well... I need time with a good friend or two doing nothing or talking. OR...I need a few hours by myself.

So...in between large social gatherings that demanded my attendance this weekend, (I did want to be in attendance!) I watched a movie with a good friend, I drove by myself to a nearby town and did some window shopping, and I talked with another good friend. I am closer to normal now. :-)

And today I said goodbye to a good friend... the goodbyes continue.... wrenches my heart strings. I do love, however, that I can entrust my friends to the Lord's keeping. It is always amazing how He keeps me!

5 comments:

  1. I feel you right now! Crazy how moving has that effect. Well, I look forward to the time to spend together and pray that you have some relaxing conversations that both are restful and fun! :) I suppose you could always break out Apples to Apples for fun too! I often still wonder if leaf blowers are still bad with all the leaves all over my car from the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you much...i realized the other day how lame i am...it's been over a year since i bought you a couple gifts that i wanted to send to you...now you're coming back and i still have them...so either i save them another year and send them when you go back or give them to you when you get here. your choice :) i love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dear friend... I am sorry you are having to say goodbyes. It makes me that much more hopeful of the day when we will no longer be saying goodbye, but only hello! and worshipping forever together, doing what we all do best... do you think the Lord will let me putter in his gardens? I hope so... and then maybe we'll meet in a little garden cafe to sip a cup of tea (or Coffee - whichever you prefer) and never have to say goodbye! That will be a lovely day. You know, in NZ, they have their garden centers where you go and buy plants and stuff, and then usually in the back they have a little cafe where you can get tea and sandwiches and such. cool idea! Anyhow. I'm rambling... surprise. I hope you are well, you will continue to be in my prayers, and I hope you soon again find a home to hang your pictures and artwork in, and ultimately, that you and I both look forward to the day when we can have a permanent home, one not made by human hands, one where our art work will be such beautiful picutres of God's grace as it has been manifested in every crevice and corner of our lives. love you, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love ya mel :) can't wait to see you and praise God together :)

    ReplyDelete