More About...

Tuesday 28 November 2006

Changes, changes, changes

I wonder how many of my postings the last year have had something to do with changes. A question I will let go unanswered.

I went to Spain for some meetings. I love the team I work with! Paul Duncan (UK), John O'Neal (Spain), Urs Wolf (Switzerland), Kalle Vaismaa (Finland) and of course Deb. :-)



here a is a photo of the Pryanees... amazing

When I got back from Spain, I spent one night in my flat and the next morning I re-packed and headed to Lithuania... here was the travel itinerary... car ride to the Basel, Switzerland train station. 3 hour train ride to Frankfurt am Main airport. 2.5 hour waiting for my flight. 2 hour plane ride to Vilnius, Lithuania. Car ride with my friend Renata from the airport to the bus station. 1.5 hour bus ride to Kaunas, Lithuania. Trolley bus ride with Kellie and Jason. walking. arrival!


It was soooo good to see my friends. We had Thanksgiving dinner at about 10p.m. they waited for me!!!! There are few things better than sitting with dear friends over a good meal. I looked around at Sharon and Matt and Jen and Peter and Tiana and Kellie and Jason. Tiana and Jason arrived two days before I came to visit. I just kept drinking in the joy of being with friends.

I had a delightful time with them and then on Friday the Vilnius team came over and I was again in awe of the grace of God to give me so many friends! Renata and Jolanta and Jeff and Alvyta and Jolita and Baylis.

It was a good time. And then on Sunday I reversed all the travel itinerary... got back to Kandern, Deb helped me finish packing my apt and Monday morning I had the help of many to move my belongings to my friend Brad's cellar and me to the Miller's house. And this photo is of me... skyping with Adrienne in my empty flat.

2 comments:

  1. mmmmm..... yes, things do continue to change, don't they? One of the changes that I am looking forward to is having your lovely smile to enjoy here! Dear friend, I hope you are so very well, and are able to rely on Christ's constancy amidst all the changes in your life. I think it keeps us younger or something. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway. :) Love you! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you today...Being a homeless person, and all, about what that means. I'm so glad you were able to have that flat for so long! It was a GREAT PLACe and you had so many fun meetings/ greetings/ visits and overnighters there! :-)
    Thanks for making your HOME an OPEN HOME as you extend hospitality and love! I Love you and am very happy/ grateful to have you for my daughter! You Go Girl! :-) PS...Others say they are thankful for you too! :-)Mom

    ReplyDelete