More About...

Sunday 20 May 2007

Less Days...

Well, let's start with 10 days...

10 days before I depart for Colorado where I will be going through some training.

10 days to sort, organize, clean, purge, the remaining items that were in storage the past couple years.

10 days to see those people I have yet to see... Sigh, where does the time go...

3 days...

3 days, until my birthday.

I wonder if I will be fully supported by my birthday... that would be a cool present.... with that comes the freedom to focus on packing and shipping, and spending quality time with friends and family, doing necessary shopping, and seeing the Rose Garden in full bloom.

This past weekend....
I had the privilege of joining a team of people in leading our church congregation in worship. Very few things make my heart more alive than being part of leading others into worshiping God. Music speaks to my heart in very deep and profound ways. My Saviour loves, my Saviour lives, my Saviour's always there for me. My God, He was, my God He is, my God is always gonna be!

It was so great and yet sort of bittersweet... knowing it will be a long time until I have that privilege again in Boring, Oregon. But knowing that my heart is even more alive over in Western Europe.

In recent days...

I got to go to the Zoo last week... that was really fun! Thanks to my friend Adam! I had not been to the Zoo for years... I am not even sure when the last time was... But it brought back memories of my high school years when I was part of the ZooBoo experience... All dressed in black with painted faces to scare people at various points along the Halloween season train route. Those were good times...

this mountain goat (is that official?) was in the midst of shedding its winter coat... I thought it looked like a cardigan... you know... we in the northwest have to wear cardigans, sweaters, jumpers (as my british friends call them), sweatershirts, etc... in these in between hot and cold weather patterns. So this goat looks like it is wearing a half zipped sweater. :-) yeah... my random mine.

So those are some goings on in my days...

6 comments:

  1. I knew you were up there having fun last night. I enjoyed the music. Thanks for your contribution to a good time of worshipping our Father in heaven. We were doing birthday stuff today as well. Steve today, Kasie Tuesday. Happy early Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa,
    Happy Early Birthday to you!!! I hope it is a very nice one and oh would it be nice for you to have all of your support by then?! It's in God's timing, I know. It was great to see you last night again even if it was just briefly...and thanks for the new magnet!
    I am praying for you...

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!! I hope you have a fantastic day and that the Lord gives you unexpected blessings.
    Love ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you!! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Ms. Melissa!!!!! Happy Birthday to you!! Your such a wonderful lady & blessing to me.. i pray God continues to do mighty things in your life my friend/sister. i love you very much & i thank you for that wonderful hug on Sunday. i was happy to see you also sing on Saturday.. it was a treat in a half!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was good to see you up there again, Melissa... Just like back in the day.. :o) Have a great day...

    ReplyDelete