More About...

Monday 22 September 2008

Lord, give me YOUR eyes

I arrived back from Ethiopia on Saturday morning. Sunday I went to a wine festival parade in a nearby town. As I watched the parade go by, tears stung my eyes as I thought of how these people in their cultural costumes need Jesus just as much as the people in Ethiopia.


We all need Jesus, no matter if we have a house with 20 bedrooms and 21 bathrooms or a tent with no bathrooms that you share with 143 others or a 3 bedroom 2.5 bath house.




Jesus goes beyond our circumstances to the core of who we are inside. It is not our outer circumstances that define us.

A friend sent me a link to this song by Brandon Heath called Give Me Your Eyes. As I watched it tonight I was reminded of what God showed me at the Parade yesterday.

Brandon Heath - Give Me Your Eyes from Brandon Heath on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing that He sees our core and yet desires to save us anyway. I think we'll spend eternity just trying to fathom His incredible mercy.

    Then we'll spend another eternity amazed that He not only saved Joe on the Street, but Bruce Millionaire too!

    Then we'll spend another eternity in worship (not that we weren't before).

    Speaking of worship, have you seen my latest reason to worship the God of my salvation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey welcome home. This will be wonderful support for you! Hey I tagged you. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete