More About...

Saturday 6 February 2010

The Path the Lord directs.

I am reading through the Bible this year. Not at a continually rapid pace, I am savouring it so much as I go. For instance, I read past Exodus 15 a few weeks ago and today I glanced at Exodus 13:17 and was blown away by a truth of the Lord. 
Because so many of us are in transition or waiting for transition, I thought I would share with you what God taught me this morning. 

Exodus 13:17
When Pharaoh let the people go, God did not lead them on the road through Philistine country, though that was shorter. For God said, "if they face war, they might change their minds and return to Egypt."

How many times have I read that without pausing? 

God did not lead them on the shorter path, because what they would have encountered might have made them turn back and not press on to the promised land. Instead He took them the longer way and it was this way that gave them more opportunity to see God do amazing things! 

Sound familiar to your life situations? It rings true in my life over and over and over again. 

So I remind myself and you...

Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. 
Psalm 27:14

No comments:

Post a Comment