More About...

Thursday 6 May 2010

The In-Between Moments.

A lovely day in early Spring in the hills and vineyards around Kandern
 

In between my home being in Germany and my home being in Italy... 


I am without a place to call home. I know that home is where the heart is. I know that this world is not really my home.  

The old song, "this world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through. My treasures are laid up, somewhere beyond the blue. The angels beckon me from Heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore." keeps going through my head.

I have moved at least 20 times in my life. I have become quite the pro at packing, and even better at making a place a home quickly.

But this time.. I moved out of my flat in Kandern... and I do not yet have a home to move into. So.. my paintings are boxed up, my plants in foster care, my kitchen is in pieces and scattered amongst boxes, my bed is taken apart and my rugs are rolled up. Everything is in storage, waiting. Waiting for the day when I can put it all in a truck and drive down to my new home in Rome.

And in the in-between times... I wait on the Lord. He hears my cry and He answers me!

I actually moved out of my flat in-between meetings in Spain and a conference in Italy. 2.5 days. If it had not been for the help of dear friends in Kandern..it would not have happened. God is good.

the shore of Sitges, Spain where the Next Generation Leader Development group I am part of had our meetings recently. I am amazed at the places God let's me see in this job He has me doing.

2 comments:

  1. He is the rewarder of those who seek Him. Keep seeking. I know you know he is faithful. I pray that more good news come soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. May this waiting time be joyful and peaceful. Try to avoid, "I'll be happy when I get ........" Calm and peace are for the present, worry is for the future and regret is for the past. Now is all we really have. Dad

    ReplyDelete