More About...

Wednesday 29 September 2010

Aquarium, Market, Passport

I went up to Seattle to renew my passport Monday. 
I drove up Sunday, and was delighted for quality time with a dear friend of 17 years. 

Then Monday I drove through the heavy Seattle traffic to find a parking garage and walked to the US Passport office. I had a 9am appt to apply for my passport. 

After handing in all my paperwork and paying all that money, I was told I could return after 2pm and before 3pm to obtain my new passport. 

So... 4 hours in Seattle... It was lovely! I walked along the waterfront until I got to the Aquarium... and I went inside. I am always amazed by God's creativity when it comes to fish and other sea creatures. It was a delightful time in the Aquarium. Between the amazing sea creatures and watching the children who were amazed by the sea creatures... I was so happy!
starfish. I can't help but be amazed at how they can grow a new arm if they lose one. And their colours!
calm puffer fish. Fascinating! It kept coming over and showing off. :-) 

I saw fish yawning, I saw otters playing. 
I learned that sea otters swim on their backs and river otters swim on their stomachs. 
So fun!

Then a walk through the Pike Place Market and lunch of Salmon chowder while sitting at a table overlooking the bay. That feels like Northwest to me!

And a walk down the street past a gelateria that also served Illy coffee. I had to stop. Lemon Gelato and Illy coffee cappuchino. And... a significant conversation with a woman who has never met a Christian who displayed grace and love with the truth. So sad!

Then back to the passport office to wait for my new passport to be ready. 
Good day. I am thanking God for that day!

2 comments:

  1. My daughter would have loved to join you on your aquarium tour. She'll enjoy the pictures.

    ReplyDelete