More About...

Sunday 3 October 2010

October, Oktober, Ottobre, Octubre 3

the 3rd day of October is significant to me for 3 reasons. 

1. It is the birthday of my adopted Dad Dr. Barry Gridley. The one who shows me how a father is supposed to love and care for a daughter. The one who prays for me daily. The one who is cancer free now! The one who loves to read great books. The one who cares deeply for others and gives wise counsel whether paid for it or not. I am so glad that he was born (   ) years ago. :-)

2. It is the day I flew to Germany 5 years ago when I began working with Campus Crusade for Christ (Agape Europe). I remember that day in 2005. God put that date on my heart months before and as the date came nearer I remember it was about 1.5 weeks away and I still needed just over 1,000 dollars/mo. in support. And wouldn't you know it?... over $1,000/mo. came in that first week and I got on the plane and went to Germany. I am so grateful for the ministry partners that God has given to me. They help me know that I am not alone in this ministry that God has called me to. 5 years ago, on this day, I moved to Europe and I have not regretted it for one second!

3. It is the day of German Unity From Wikipedia "The Day of German Unity (German: Tag der Deutschen Einheit) is the national day of Germany, celebrated on 3 October as a public holiday. It commemorates the anniversary of German reunification in 1990."   And after living in Germany for 5 years, and getting to know the culture more, I am in somber observance of the separation and utter amazement at the reunification of Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment