More About...

Sunday 10 October 2010

life is not simple by human perspectives

I find it amusing how I live a complex life and yet I long for simplicity. Does that make sense?

For example:
 My living in Germany the past 5 years has made life for me in the states more complex. Have you tried getting a mobile phone contract when they can't verify your credit? Not possible. So I pay a monthly fee to use my mobile phone.

I have a visa allowing me to live and work in Germany that is good through the end of this year. I am applying for a visa to live and work in Italy. It would be more simple if I had lived in the USA the past 5 years instead of in Germany for this process. 

It takes 1 month to receive my Italian visa after applying in person in San Francisco. I need to be at meetings in Estonia the first 2 weeks of November. And if I apply for my visa now, they will have my passport and I will not be able to travel. So, I am praying a lot, seeking the Lord's direction in this seemingly complex situation.

I am raising support so that I can live and work in Italy. The move from a small town in Germany to a large city in Italy is not simple. It is complex on many levels. One of which is that it costs more to live and work in Rome, Italy than it did to live and work in Kandern, Germany. So I am seeking the Lord's direction for who will be part of my ministry team. He really does have it all planned out.

In moving to Rome, the complexity is that my belongings (bed, clothing, books, etc) are in Kandern along with my car... so I have need of a moving vehicle and saying goodbyes in Kandern. Kandern has been home to me for the past several years. So this is a hard move emotionally. I have made many hard moves and transitions in life... And it is amazing how God works it all out.

But really... all that complexity is simple in God's economy... He is the master of scheduling and finances. I have seen Him provide over the past 35 years of my life in so many ways.. I know that He will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment