More About...

Wednesday 27 October 2010

airports

I am sitting in the Portland airport waiting for my flight to Washington Dulles which is the first leg of my trip back to Germany. I woke up this morning at 03:45 with a song in my heart about how great God is and how He is mighty and how He provides and how He holds my future. 

I have a couple hours in the Dulles airport before I board the flight to Frankfurt. Dulles is full of international people. I love it!  And almost every other corner holds a Rossetta Stone kiosk for the traveler to learn a new language.

I arrive in Frankfurt at 07:30. And I am grateful that airlines have chosen to reward all the miles I travel with access to a lounge with free food, comfortable chairs and free water! I will hang out there a couple hours then go find a friend who arrives around 09:30. We are on the same flight into Basel Switzerland departing Frankfurt around 12:50. And then I will be home in Kandern.

I get to see dear people and I am excited to drive my own car again. :-) little things make me happy.

It is a strange feeling when I am leaving Portland. It is so familiar and there are people in Portland who are home for me, but home itself..really feels like Kandern. And in the next month, I have to say goodbye to that home and those people. Sigh...

I am glad to be reminded over and over that God is in control. That God is!

No comments:

Post a Comment