More About...

Thursday 2 December 2010

sigh

Tonight I went to the Kandern Weihnacht Aktion in the Blumenplatz. I took it all in... snow, fires to warm by, choirs singing, friends around, grillwürst to eat glüwein to drink. And some last goodbyes. Sigh.. I am so sad.

Today I had the help of great people who have helped me move a few times in the past 5 years. And they helped get everything down from the attic that is going into the moving truck Monday morning. One pile for the moving truck, one pile for my car, and one pile to be given/sold to others. 

So tomorrow. 7am, my dear friend Shelly and I will drive from Kandern. I am so thankful that main roads are kept very clear because we have had a lot of snow over here these days.

Pray for me... for safety in driving, for no car issues. For my breaking heart as I leave people I love again...

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Melissa, I wish I could give you a hug. I'm thinking of and praying for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa...I know what it is like to move from one place to another.,...give up things and make new memories....I think that best way to look at all of this transient life stuff is to see you life as one big scrap book....you are just acumulating stuff for it's wonderful content....not giving up, not saying good byes to never touch base again...no, just adding layers to an already wonderful life....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you, my friend. Glad you had a travel partner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change of life can be good...kind of like leaving one job or getting laid off or growing up. The great thing is that we are not alone, We are not the only ones who have change in our lives. Serving others gets me out of my head and helps me accept everything for what it is and enjoy each moment, not regretting the past or worrying ab out the future... Dad

    ReplyDelete