More About...

Thursday 15 December 2005

I wonder who has my old number...

So this past week I had the random thought of, "I wonder if T-Mobile gave out my old number yet?" I had the number for about 7 years and so many of you had the number memorized.. it is a little strange to think that it belongs to another person now.

Anyway, an answer to my question came yesterday morning in this email from a friend. I am withholding the friend's name, :-)
***************************************
Okay, so I tried to send you a text message to see if it works, I only
texted:
"Hi, it's me, let me know if this works"
so I just got a phone call from a young-ish sounding guy, saying yeah, you just texted me, but I don't think I know you... He just got his phone yesterday with your old number. I told him that people are probably going to be calling him often, since he has just inherited the "most popular girl in the world"s old cell phone number and he laughed. I told him you had moved overseas, but that there were many people that might call him in the future since you had lots of friends, and were very open with giving out that number.
******************************************

Anyway, it made my day. And I even thought... hmmm.. maybe I should call or text him and tell him thank you for being so nice to my friends. :-)

7 comments:

  1. hey, mel! you know this guy's gonna have a million calls now, don't you? :) how are you feeling? ti said you were still really sick ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cool way to meet someone new!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I feel a little for the guy, but maybe you will get to meet him in person? Well, have a great week!
    Love,
    Ti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knowing you Melissa, you probably already know him. But how fun, I still have your number in my phone and I've thought about trying it out to see what happens. Now we know. :) I won't bother the guy, he's probably tired of all the phone calls by now. ;) Another thing about my phone, I was cleaning out the text messages the other day and saw that I still have a few from you. That was kinda sad but then made me a bit happy at the same time. Miss and love ya girl! Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is: that's HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, sounds like Nathan's experience w/ inheriting a land line that belonged to Peter and Jen before! We KNOW WHO HAS YOUR REAL NUMBER FOREVER! :-) Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's the story from the human's mouth who experienced it:

    I moved to Oregon in Aug. 2003 and got my first cell phone that same month. A couple of weeks after attending Good Shepherd, I started getting phone calls for a Peter or Jen. Then someone used their last name: Hibbs! I didn't know them at the time, but I read about a Peter and Jen Hibbs in Prayerline every week, so I wondered if they were the same people. After they came home, we were on a retreat, and I had brought my phone. I got a phone call from someone who asked for Jenn Hibbs, and she just happened to be standing there in front of me. So I handed her the phone. :)

    ReplyDelete