More About...

Monday 19 December 2005

a package!

So, this morning I got up and made my way to the shower. Just as I was about to get in the shower, my doorbell buzzer rang. It kind of shocked me.. you know when you are not expecting something... that kind of shock.

Well, it rang and rang, so I picked up the receiver... no one there. Then it rang and rang again. I finally pushed the button to let whomever it was in... since they seemed so desperate. They came in the front door and then the buzzer rang and rang again... ARGH! I called out.. moment Bitte! threw on a more decent shirt and opened my door... No one was there. WHAT????? I was confused... and then I heard a man down below saying something about ein paket... I said, WAS?" sounds like vas. :-) He said "Package for Melissa Wright."

Good grief! So i go down the three flights of stairs and yes.. indeed a post man was there with a package for me. from my dear friend Amy. I got very excited. He kept exclaiming that I had no socks or shoes on and that I was standing on marble floors... very improper in Europe.

anyway, he spoke pretty good english so everything worked out and i bid him farewell, "Tchuss!" and took the package upstairs.

Oh the wonders that did delight my eyes upon opening said package! 2 People magazines, and a couple cooking magazines, 3 different types of Brownie mix, several packets of hot cider mix, instant jello, instant pudding.... wow.. yeah... and more. and the most wonderful Christmas card from my dear friend!

God is good!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Melissa! That makes me so happy for you, it brings a smile to my face. :) I know how fun it is to get a package, and I'm sure that's doubled when you are in another country over the holidays! Have fun catching up on all the hollywood gossip and and trying out new recipe's (if you can find all the indgredients, you might have to improvise which will be fun too). Oh, the simple pleasure's! Love you girl! We will be praying for you during this holiday season! Hope you enjoy the Christmas Markets (my all time favorite thing about the holiday's in Germany). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas dear friend!!

    And, yippy for packages! It is always the best to get that unexpected reminder that you are so loved. I'm thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprise, Surprise!
    Kinda like my surprise yesterday when I lay in bed just about to sleep and a gust of wind comes from the floor boards! Yes, the furnace now works! Praise Jesus! Even though the snow and ice came at the beginning of the week I am enjoying the comfort of an entirely heated house! Thankfully, I didn't have to answer any buzzards in indecent clothing...though I will be leaving my long-johns off when I go to bed now! :) Ok, maybe tmi! I miss you and love you bunches!
    Ti

    ReplyDelete
  4. A postman that early in the morning?? You are truly living in Germany because that would NEVER happen here in the USA! Ha!

    Have a great Christmas weekend.

    I love you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO, You will need a VERY BIG stocking for the stuff that jamie is bringing! :-)
    If anyone else want to stick something in, let me know! Mary
    MOM XOXOXOXOXOXO :-)

    ReplyDelete