More About...

Friday 1 December 2006

Things I can do without

Well. there are things that we choose to do without and things we are forced to do without. I chose to do without a car all year and a TV for that matter. Now I am forced to do without a cell phone...silly Germans... they are just too efficient... then on the other hand... cancelling my land line and my internet is going so smoothly.

So, I am in Germany until Wednesday. Staying with some wonderful people, living without a cell phone, realizing that I will not have my own place to live again for many months, saying some see you laters and some goodbyes... of course, it is really all "see you laters" in this family. :-)

And the weather here... it feels like spring... 7-15 degrees C. I hear Portland is at 2-3 degrees C... crazy. I am going to Christmas Markets here and not even wearing a jacket... something is wrong with this picture.

3 comments:

  1. Things I can't do without.....
    Glutwein........apfel strudel.....apfel schorle......and kuchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...the things we can do without. It's surprising isn't it? Our sermon in church this past weekend was a about perspective. It's amazing how much comes down to our perspective. Speaking of perspective (and the weather)... the other night I felt really chilly. Goosebumps chilly. So much so that I got up to get a wrap- a very rare occurrence here! While I was up I checked the thermometer...75 degrees! Wow, has my perspective changed or what? (or at least my internal thermostat)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that in your wonderful melissa way, you are taking all the changing and moving and leaving and coming and going in stride, but I am still quite heart-achy for you. I mean that my heart is aching for you in sympathy for all the changing and goodbyes and packing and empty flats. I love you dear one.

    ReplyDelete