More About...

Monday 25 December 2006

This Season

Merry Christmas everyone!
Frohe Weihnachten!
Feliz Navidad!
Linksmu Kaledu !
Joyeux Noël!
Vrolijke Kerstmis!

I write in many languages because one thing I miss right now is many languages surrounding me. I am in Portland, Oregon, USA this Christmas and in a 1 week I travel to Florida to begin New Staff Training with Campus Crusade for Christ.

Last night (Christmas Eve) I was blessed to join my mother and the family of her former neighbors for games, good food and gifts. I was not expecting any gifts and was overwhelmed from my heart to receive some very thoughtful ones. My mom's former neighbors... Jim and Carrie have two delightful daughters and the youngest one prays regularly for me. THAT is humbling and beautiful!

My brothers arrive soon for us to do our family Christmas time. I have made a pumpkin pie and an apple pie... they smell delicious! :-)

I am thankful for all of you! Hey... if you never comment on here but you read it even semi-regularly... could you let me know? I am continually amazed at the number of people who read and never comment. :-) I don't think badly of you... promise. :-)

9 comments:

  1. Apple and pumpking pies, eh? I can smell the smells coming from the kitchen on Hoyt St.! I am sure Matt and Mike are enjoying them now. I am glad you are having the hang time with them and your Mom.

    I shall look forward to some face to face time in February after you return with your Florida tan. By then I hope to be at near normal once again.

    Blessed Christmas to you, my dear daugher. I love you. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Labas!
    Sounds like you had a good Christmas. We had a small one with our team and remembered all the ways we celebrate with our families. It just didn't seem like Christmas with out them! :) A small substitute for Starbucks coffee did meet some of our needs for that early Christmas morning. :)
    Well, Kellie and I are heading out tomarrow for a short trip and we both are looking forward to some time of relaxing and even just a simple bubble bath. We soaked our feet last night and I was reminded of how much fun that is to do together.
    No snow here still, but it is getting colder. Below 0c. We are awaiting the snowy days and trust that you look forward to the sun in the same way! We are all ready for a bit of sunshine too at the end of this month.
    I miss and love ya,
    Tiana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive commented on your blog :) but I wonder why your friend Deb doesn't.........you comment on her blog :)......must be blog paranoia.....I actually hung out with Deb during Christmas since the Denver blizzrd left me with no seat on a plane....twas a bright spot in a bummer situation........ I still miss Glutwein, apfel strudel, kindel markets, and unknown meat products stuffed in bread at christmas time.....wish they had christmas markets around here......Merry Christmas
    DH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good Christmas, Melissa! I did too. I also hope and pray this coming year brings you many blessings from the Lord and that He will teach and guide you each step of the way as you grow to love and trust Him more deeply. :)

    Thanks for your friendship.

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, that's the exact same pies I made! Great minds think alike, I guess! Hope your Christmas was great - we had fun. I look forward to chatting for REALS!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, so I read these each time...maybe not the minute they arrive. And I hardly ever take the time to say hi...just know that you're on my heart every time I open email and see your last undeleted message waiting for the next chapter in your life to show on my inbox.
    You've a special place in my heart and am glad God is there alongside you.
    Hugs until you've here again...the temporary Shelby lady at church.NN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally have a minute to say hi! It was so good to see your face in person friend! We've missed you so much, but at the same time excited about what God is doing in your life.

    To the Temporary Shelby Lady (a.k.a. Mrs. N.N.)- We love you! Have fun counting next Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK...so maybe other people get bumped off and give up on comments???
    I just wrote a nice one...and it did not "take". I Love to read your blog and the comments of your friends too! I learn a lot that way.
    Love and Prayers, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. so ... where IS melissa and what IS she doing now? praying that cru staff training is going well, you little blonde bombshell. :)

    ReplyDelete