More About...

Sunday 17 December 2006

Who has control?

It seems that no matter where I go, what I read, who I meet... I run into something or someone who asks the question: "who has control?" And I keep going back to the things God has taught me this past year. He has control! And I want to never forget that when He has control... things are better; life is smoother... cause I do not stress or worry if I do not feel like I have to be in control.

You know? When we are so concerned about controlling a situation or a person... we can't see the bigger picture. Why not let God (who has the widest perspective and the biggest picture) be the one in control?

I talked with someone today... old enough to be my parent who said to me: "you seem to be a person who has given control to the Lord. You seem to be willing to do whatever He gives you to do. I want to do that... I think I am closer to doing that now than I was a few years ago." Wow. How many of us are in that space. I was glad I could tell this person that I am indeed in process. I know that I need to let God lead at all times and sometimes it is harder than others to live that out. But I was also thrilled to be able to give personal testimony of the peace I have when I let God be in control.

It was a good reminder to me.

5 comments:

  1. Hi there.....looking forward to seeing you one of these days...coming to Staff Lunch tomorrow?? And the Global Outreach meeting? Would love to at least give you a hug!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful inside and out! I am so glad He has brought you to this point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Melissa!! I still remember our lovely ride up the hill. You're great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmmm... how difficult to learn that lesson! I have to keep reminding myself all that Jesus taught about not worrying about tomorrow, or taking his yoke upon ourselves because it is light and easy and he is so gentle. Wow. But it still just doesn't sink in sometimes, does it? I was reading in Psalms, and came across this verse: "But as for me,I trust in you, o Lord. I say 'you are my God.' My times are in your hand." (31:14,15) And that just gave me such peace. He has control... our times are in His hand. I wonder if that is the 'light burden' he was talking about? Thanks for sharing, Melissa. I love hearing your heart!

    ReplyDelete