More About...

Sunday 10 December 2006

the way I see it

So... I am back in the land of quick turnounds at restaurants, the customer is always right and stay in your car while I pump your gas. I like the customer service.... I miss the ability to sit for hours and talk at a restaurant.

On the way to Portland from Germany I sat between a Belgium man who told me we were going to have fun on the flight and a woman born in Namibia with French citizenship and 1/2 year residence in Corsica... The flight attendant liked the Belgium and I so much she arranged for 1st class glasses with champagne to be delivered to us. That was nice.

After 2 days in Ptown I went with my family to Whistler in BC Canada. It is gorgeous up here!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you're having fun! I love Whistler. Especialy at Christmas time when all the buildings and the village are decorated with lights. It's not only my favorite place to ski, but it's my favorite place to just take an evening walk and look at everything.

    Barney says hi too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you at the party yesterday, BUT we are glad you have some time with your family in a beautiful spot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    WoW I am slightly jealous of the snowy mountains. It just started to snow a little bit today! Maybe we will have a white Christmas?
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. how delightful to have you back in town! Even if it does mean changes. I would love to sit and have a long chat with you... perhaps you could come and have dinner or lunch with Bonnie and I? I hope your time back here is going smoothly and that you don't feel too much awkwardness or anything like that. I hope it still has a feel of home, as much as this earth can feel like home. Know that you are loved and missed, and this part of the family is very happy to be saying "hello again!" Love and hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you...just talked to Katie Voight today and she said that you were back in the area...so crazy cuz I was excited to see you in Germany! I was so excited at the beginning of the school year when I got your message...that I put is somewhere special...so special that I forgot where...so am glad that I finally get to hear how things are! would love to get together with you...on "my turf!" I'd love to hear all about how things have been and what you are planning for! Talk to you soon!

    Here's my e-mail if that's easier... jods_57@yahoo.com

    Jodi Howe

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete