More About...

Sunday 31 December 2006

New Year...

One of the highlights of my time in Portland before the new year was hanging with my Leafy girls. Bekah was back from Prague, Annie was in town from Chicago, Jamie had a break from classes...but not from work. :-(, Kristin is getting ready to go overseas... it was a huge blessing to my heart... here we are enjoying a place that was new to me!


Then for new years....
I was on a plane all day. Heading to Florida to go through New Staff Training (NST) with Campus Crusade for Christ.

I have been here for a week now. The best thing is being with other like minded believers who understand this organization and who are also preparing to enter into a long term position working with CCC. It is a blessing. :-)

We are split into life groups and this is the great group that I get to facilitate. :-) We had a scavenger hunt to get to know Daytona... Steve.. the older gentleman in the middle was the local we found to take a photo with... he has been running his business in Daytona Beach for 40 years.

Oh... we girls... performed a song on the Daytona Beach Bandshell.... as per the rules of the game and then a man came to take our photo saying... "one more... I am a girls gone wild photographer." Sorry... we are not those kind of girls.

I have a roommate who is from New Hampshire... the lake area where the filmed What about Bob? She is great.

I have been able to re-connect with many of the STINTers that I had the privilege of knowing and investing in last year. So great to see them committing to full time service reaching out to University Students!

The weather has been nice... 80 degrees in January... I can't really complain. :-) It rained today though...

oh... here was the sun rise this morning...

5 comments:

  1. How great Melissa to hear from you. Love you and pray that God will give you the BEST time over there in Florida with friends and with Himself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the sunny weather for us all! Still no snow. I am starting to wonder if it actually snows here.
    Love and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been watching for an update from you. Figured you were off the grid due to travel and training. :-) Glad you're enjoying the transition. We left "the grid" on Christmas Day headed to Disneyland as a surprise to the kids. Spent 5 days there and had a blast. We got our sun down there, but it really seemed wrong to see people wearing down ski coats in 70 degree weather. I guess I wouldn't make a good Southern Californian. Do they wear ski coats in Florida? Glad you are doing what God has for you to do. I'll send you a Saturday night church update soon. Ha. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it took me three tries to get the word verification to publish my previous comment. I must be up past my bedtime. :-) Enjoy a laugh on me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that sunrise photo! Very nice setup.

    ReplyDelete