More About...

Sunday 21 June 2009

going to the States...

There are some people who would not like to hear me say this... but going to the States is not going home. I love people in the States. I love Oregon. I miss the Pacific Ocean. I miss Stumptown coffee. I miss family and friends all across the states... but the states does not feel like home. Europe feels like home. Home in the way that you know you belong there. I know I belong here.

But that aside, I am looking forward to seeing some of you dear people soon! Honestly!

1 comment:

  1. Home is where you hang your hat, they say. Last summer we went back to Seattle for a visit. We drove by houses we had lived in. None of them looked like I expected them to. I was looking forward to getting home. That is New York.

    I am grateful for a place to belong. They say it takes three years to establish community. I have found that to be true. Love you Melissa Dad

    ReplyDelete