More About...

Sunday 21 June 2009

life these past days

I have been blessed with some dear friends over the years and I love that God does not ever leave me alone in that department.
In the end of May, my friend Amy came with her dear mother Sue. As I have written before, it is so pleasant to be in the company of friends who have known you for ages. Thank you both for coming!!!!
May was also a time of Spargel!!!!! Asparagus to the English speakers. SO good! There is a small group of us in Kandern that makes it a point to get together when we are all in town to enjoy some of the local seasonal delights like Spargel.
Also in May I had another Birthday. And even though some key friends were not able to be there, I enjoyed the company of all who came! And a HUGE thank you to Rick and Mary Beth Holladay for hosting it. A beautiful May day for a BBQ!
Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold. ... that song goes through my head any time I am thinking of the people God allows me to enjoy in life. One such person whom I have only known since December of this past year is Kari Sue. :-) She is a delight! She works with the English Camps that are held at Black Forrest Academy each year. I thank God for her! We went to the Alps a week ago and at one point we were saying.. "has it really only been since December?" That is what happens when you have a kindred spirit.

So in the midst of preparing for some time stateside, and planning for the upcoming transitions in my role and living place, I have been delighted by God's provision of friendships.

1 comment:

  1. Love all the pics of you and those Kroesche women. It looks like you all had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete