More About...

Monday 22 November 2010

Estonia

 I have spent the past 18 days in Tallinn, Estonia. I want to share some photos and thoughts with you about this time:
 i fell in love with the chocolate pistachio basket at Komeet.
 the view of the city.. old town from up top the Oleviste Church (Oleviste Kirik)
... the highest building in the world during the Medieval times
 as we walked around the top of the church this was the spire as I looked up
 During my first set of meetings... we in the Next Generation Leader Development group were working on how to present what we learned during the past 2.5 years together.
 The Swiss explained it this way... :-)
 finishing details for the presentation
 working hard
 beautiful coffee
 another beautiful chocolate pistachio basket... this time with a gooseberry on top.
 Some of the dear women in Europe. left to right: 
Nicole (Italy) Becky (Latvia) Daire (Estonia) Renata (Lithuania) Eva (Spain)
 Dear Rut (Portugal) I love this girl! 
of course I was wearing tall heeled boots... makes her look so much shorter and me SO much taller.
 the hotel preparing for the long dark days of winter in Estonia.
 a great view from a popular viewpoint overlooking Tallinn
 I was privileged to attend a concert ... of which I understood only 10% of the words sung or spoken... but the music was great!  Anyone who knows me well, knows that music and art feed my soul. This was a soul-feeding experience and I got to enjoy it with a dear friend.
the night view of Tallinn.

18 days is a long time, but Tallinn is a beautiful city and the Estonians that I know are lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment