More About...

Thursday 25 November 2010

thanking God for a flat tire

Well, today is Thanksgiving Day for Americans. I have not been privileged to be in the right place at the right time to celebrate Thanksgiving with anyone this year. But I am thanking God for a flat tire today.

This may seem odd, to thank God for a flat tire. But last night when I heard the hissing sound and saw the tire losing its roundness quickly, all I could think was that I am so thankful it was not on my winter tires! 

The reason this is so important? Here in Germany it is an issue with car insurance that you must have winter tires on your car in the winter. And because I am driving from Germany, through Switzerland and into Italy next weekend, it is important that my car be wearing its winter attire.

So... I guess I will just wear out my winter tires and when I need new tires... I will have three great ones.. and will need to get the 4th repaired.

Yes... this is a detail that is challenging in the midst of all the other details I am trying to sort through at the moment.  It looks like I will be contracting a moving company to get my things to Rome. We shall see how much they need to charge me. I find out on Monday.

Ah.. details.... I sure am thankful that God holds the world in His capable hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment