More About...

Monday 15 November 2010

Next Generation Leadership Development Initiative

Is that a long title? It is the name of the programme I was part of with Agape Europe the past 2.5 years. We shortened the name to NGI (Next Generation Initiative) but the  memories we have from these years will long be with us.
 I am eternally grateful for Mike, Boppi, Daniel, Brian, Nicole, Eva, Mar, Samuel, Mariona, Nacho, Raphael, Kevin, Lehari, Matthieu, Aaron, Emmanuel, Duncan, Arjan, and Adri. These people from 9 different western European countries are so dear to my heart. We have laughed together, cried together, questioned and came to conclusions together.
When we began the group, we were challenged to consider the future and what we would need to lead into the future with Agape Europe. And at the end of this programme, some of us have been entrusted with more challenging leadership roles than we ever thought possible. 
We were challenged for our last gathering in Tallinn, Estonia to make a presentation to the current Agape Europe leadership team of what we see are necessary changes to see multiplying movements of winning, building and sending people in Europe. 
It is always a challenge for a younger generation of leaders to present idea for change to an older generation of leaders, but we saw God at work. The things God had put on our hearts as critical to the work we are called to in Europe, are similar to the things God has been putting on the heart of leadership team. 

My heart is to work with all of Europe, that is why I moved to Europe in the first place with Campus Crusade for Christ (Agape Europe) I am passionate that people be grounded and growing in Christ. I am passionate that people know who they are in Christ and know what He calls them to do. And I am passionate that Europe would once again be a sending continent of the gospel to the world! 

I am excited to move to Rome in a few weeks to join with the others in proclaiming and demonstrating the gospel there. One of the other NGI participants is the leader of the ministry in Rome and this makes me very happy! 
And I am excited to use the principles learned in NGI as I lead the programme team for our all Agape Europe gathering in 2012.

I am so thankful for the time with NGI. I know I have life-long friends and life-long co-laborers.


No comments:

Post a Comment