More About...

Friday 14 October 2005

Do you know how precious it is to me to get an email or blog comment from you?

So last night I was suddenly struck with how much I am already and how much I am going to miss my friends. It was a Thursday night. My norm would be to call some friends and see what is going on, or call and make something happen. Or I would find an open coffee house and do some reading. But instead I was feeling very alone in a small town.

There is a peace that pervades these feelings in my soul. I know that I am where God wants me to be. I know that the process of being part of the normalness of other's lives takes some time.

"Perfect submission all is at rest. I in my Saviour am happy and blessed"....words to the song that is currently playing on my I-Tunes. How good to be reminded.

I also had some time this morning to be with the women from the Bible Study that meets every other Friday. We met for breakfast this morning and then we went around and shared and prayed. It came to me, and I, with unwanted tears in my eyes said where I am at in the transitioning stage. The women there are all in various stages of this transitioning and it was encouraging to have them come alongside me and pray.

And the Lord blessed me with some comments and emails from some of you. Thank you for reminders that you think of me and miss me and are excited for me. :-)

10 comments:

  1. Dear Friend, Love and all the best from us...we are praying for you this week in P-line. My word of encouragement this morning (yes it is morning here)....there really is no way around it...and it is painful. So, Hang in there!!! But you have already experienced that GOD IS FAITHFUL!! You will have many more moments of missing...and you know Melissa, that is what is so beautiful about you...you have HEART friends, all over!! God will eventually give you many new heart friends, not exchange for those you have left...but ADD to the group of us who are fortunate to be called your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa... are you still using the same e-mail? Know that we miss you right back and that we are praying for you. I know you're going to make some really cool friends over there (it sounds like you already have). Friendship is very important to God and I know that He's going to put some amazing people around you. Just watch... You haven't seen anything yet! BTW our 1st 1.3 small group meeting is tommorow night. Let me know if you have specific prayer requests so we can pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you are very much loved! And totally missed! If it makes you feel better, I didn't do anything last night either. ;) Anyway, thanks for putting all that out there and letting us know whats going on with you. I'm so glad to see that Lord has surrounded you with people who have been where you are and can help you through this time. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss you? Ya, I accidentally called your number the other day whilst scrolling in my phone. It seems your voicemail still works. Will the messages keep for two years? :) It felt like you were still here...but it was fun to hear your voice because it made it more real that you are in Germany-continuing to live out God's dreams for your life. There is still a Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay the "anonymous" was from me! Not sure how that happened... I can HEAR you laughing, you know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chica,

    I love your heart. You are an incredible friend with and amazing laugh that warms up a room. Ok, I admit it. I'm going through Melissa laugh withdrawls. So go and warm up a lot of rooms this week, ok? Miss you and praying for you. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa, the day you lefted I got mad at myself because I got the date mix up when you were leaving. I wanted to come say good bye at the airport after I got off work that morning. I was sick and frustrated. But I do miss you and always praying everyday for you. Love ya, vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deirdre said - yes I'm not a blogger, but it's so great that you are! You connect so well with people I think you're only problem will be how to manage having even more close friends than you have already. You're in my prayers as ever, just remember us when you take over Europe! talk to you later........
    Love,
    D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got your email, today, and read your blog, again...

    !!!

    I empathize with you, Melissa. Sounds like you were having one of those not-so-fun times of adjusting to your new home. And you are right: Emails, blogs, letters, and phone calls mean THE WORLD at that time! That's how I survived my first few months overseas, and how I'm doing it now in my new 'foreign' home.

    Persevere, my friend. Jesus hates to see you sad, and He will walk with you through it. Keep sending those pictures, too! We can all share vicariously! I wanted to reach out & touch those walls of the castle you photographed. And by the way, see if you can get yourself into some of those pics, too!

    Blessings to you, Melissa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you ever need a break give us a ring or email. We're about 5 hours from Munchen. Keep trusting.

    ReplyDelete