More About...

Tuesday 28 February 2006

Parting is such sweet sorrow

Parting is such sweet sorrow... cause it was with sorrow that I said goodbye again to my friend Sara yesterday as she boarded a train to go to Frankfurt to go back to Burundi. And it was with sorrow that I said goodbye to my mom and Tiana as I dropped them off at the airport at 5 a.m. But it was also sweet. Sweet because I had the company of people who know and love me and whom I know and love. It is a sweetness to my soul that they could see part of my life here and meet some of my friends here.

And I don't really have any photos to show for it because.. gasp! I let them take photos and made them all promise to send them to me. So... here is the photo I have of my three guests when we all went up to Colmar, France yesterday.

My time in Florence was sweet too. I met some wonderful new people. Spent time with some STINTers. Went onto the Languages and Philosophy campus to try and share the gospel. Made friends with the hotel staff as I worked a lot with them organizing the conference. Spent an afternoon with a great girl from Oregon who is in Florence long term doing campus ministry...yep...she is cool and it was a blessing to spend time with her. Got soaking wet. Felt the sun on my face. And you know what? It felt right! I saw again how God has put me right where He wants me in the timing that He has for me.

And after all that... I woke up sick on Sunday morning and I feel pretty miserable (healthwise). It was sure nice to have my mom the nurse around when I started to feel sick. Nothing like mom to take care of you when you feel under the weather....

6 comments:

  1. Yes it's great to have your Mum over to see what your life is all about, it makes the place seem more like home! Glad to see you're getting to know so many different folks from around the world! It really helps to get a perspective on God's version of "Family"! Love Ya sis!
    Deirdre

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you were able to visit with your mom and Tiana and Sara. I hope it was really encouraging for you! Sounds like the conference was good - it's always great to have that feeling of "this is where I'm supposed to be!" I miss you and love you and am praying for you, my friend! I hope you are feeling much better today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that Sara was over there... That's really cool! Hope you feel better soon. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just saw ti today ... and got to see her pics with you and sara ... how fun! thanks for the yummy german chocolate and prayer cards. i'll deliver them to the leafies with love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back to blogs and missed out logs...Great pictures and I was glad to be there. I must admit that the sadness has finally hit and I miss ya. Thankfully, pictures are helpful. Love you bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so happy to see you...and your world in Kandern! May the Lord give you the strength to continue in HIS steps! Stepping out of my world and into yours gives me a better perspective of more of the world where we live.
    Still working on the time changes here! Hey, can we watch TV and eat Popcorn soon? Oh yeah, TV is a luxury! Love You Lots! MOM XO

    ReplyDelete