More About...

Friday 3 February 2006

Rest, Relax and Renew

So, last week about 200 people gathered in Nerja Spain to rest and renew. I was one of those. It was a conference for the STINTers that I work with and I happen to be one of them.
They came from all over Western Europe, exhausted emotionally, physically and spiritually after a semester of pouring out their hearts to share Christ with university students. They have been learning to live/work with several team members who are all very different from themselves. They are learning to trust the Lord in new and deeper ways.

These STINTers.. including me, were treated to a conference rich with worship songs in English, intense Bible teaching through Philippians... The Gospel is inherently valuable. The success of the Gospel is not measured by the response to the Gospel. How wonderful to be reminded of this truth... especially to the STINTers who are in countries where they see a harsh response to their sharing of the Gospel. We also experienced the SUN!!!!! It was a HUGE blessing to see the sun and to feel it warming my face.

In between all the teaching and worship, I met with STINTers to see how they were doing, caught up with old friends and made new friends. We did a bit of exploring along the way... castles, and waves... yes... after the photo a bigger wave came along and soaked Adrienne and I... good thing it was warm outside. :-)


In one castle I was struck with the viewing holes shaped like crosses... and I there I was.. looking over the Mediterranean Sea through a cross. And I was reminded that Christ looks at us through the redemption that He completed on the cross. Wow...

And what beach experience is complete without a gorgeous sunset to remind us of the creativity and beauty of the Lord. I am in awe....

So, I return with more energy, emotionally, spiritually and physically. I am excited about the way God is working in the lives of the STINTers and amazed that He could use me in their lives and in awe of the work He has done in my life through missions and those I encounter along the way.

7 comments:

  1. That's really cool Melissa... Sounds like a blessed time... I especially like what you said about the windows shaped like crosses...very profound... Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! :) Glad to hear that you had a good time. Can't wait to see you soon!
    Love ya
    Ti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! :) Glad to hear that you had a good time. Can't wait to see you soon!
    Love ya
    Ti

    ReplyDelete
  4. PTL for Special GIFTS! SUN, OCEAN, CASTLES w/ peek holes that are CROSSES! Rest Well! Love, MOM XOXOXOX :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful! I'm so glad you were able to go and be refreshed. I really liked the cross picture - what a great analogy of how He views us. Thanks! Love ya! Oh yeah... I'm exceedingly jealous that Tiana gets to visit you. I'm practically green with envy... or maybe I've just been spending too much time with the plants... who knows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the picture of the cross in the sand! I am sure you are having a great time and we are praying for strength and wisdom for you! LUV YA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx for sharing your photos, adventures, life.... I agree with everyone else that the cross shaped window was a touching image.

    I miss you terribly, but it makes it so much easier seeing and hearing that God is working in and through your life. I can't help but keep remembering how perfectly fitted you are for this. God really is good, isn't he?!

    ReplyDelete